Reoriented Toward Freedom

 



I don’t have any better words to describe it than “reorientation”. I have no idea how long it will last; I am trying not to think about that. What I “know” is that somehow I am living more in my heart than in my head, more in a hopeful space than a desperate one, and feeling a sereneness which is very close to silence, which is to say without words.

Perhaps, I will be more eloquent one day in a memoir fashion but for now, I feel called to just be there and give thanks. I still love to pray and write and pastor and care for my family. I still love to walk and read and dabble in music and art. The thing which feels different is the way of it; there is little self-consciousness and little evaluation or criticism.

Perhaps the best word for this reorientation and way of being is indeed freedom!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is Love

Behold and Become the Beloved

Advent 4/ The Mystery of the Incarnation of Love