An Unending Prayer

 



We’re only here for a minute, ...We’re here for a little window. And to use that time to catch and share shards of light and laughter and grace seems to me the great story.” Brian Doyle


It was the most glorious Sabbath! A day marked by crystal cold temperatures and sapphire blue skies. A day for thinking about winter and spring instead of either/or. 

Perhaps it was that nondualistic approach to patches of snow next to tiniest of buds which caused me to travel with my mother on a walk. It started of course with tears at her non-physical presence and somewhere in the middle I felt I was accompanied by her spirit. Though our earthly presence is bounded by the tiniest of time, our next realm presence is boundless. Some mighty presence continues and the quality of that presence is for me consoling and inspiring. I found myself thinking about the shards of light and laughter and grace of the day, of the holy time, of her life and the story grew instead of diminishing. I thought of Brian Doyle’s affection for the Gospel of Thomas and Jesus’ wisdom that we can become, with work in this life, an endless prayer for our loved ones in the next. What grace, what gift, I prayed with yesterday! What a great story! What an unending prayer!


Comments

  1. Hedges Information Technology LLC is a leading and established IT, ELV & AUTOMATION System Integrator based in Dubai, U.A.E, with over a decade of experience catering to key business verticals in SMB, Mid-market & Enterprise accounts.
    elv and automation systems uae

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love is Love

Advent 4/ The Mystery of the Incarnation of Love

Behold and Become the Beloved