Welcoming Uncertainty



 “Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what’s next or how. The moment you know how, you begin to die a little. The artist never entirely knows. We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.” Agnes de Mille


So begins Pema Chodron’s book Living Beautifully: With Uncertainty and Change, never a more important title! As I pondered these words, and Chodron’s which followed, I was wrapped in insights of wholeheartedness and was consoled...even hopeful. This poem sprang from my changing heart:


I am grieving

the loss of illusion

self-delusion really.


I am letting go of things 

as I wanted them to be,

And opening to instability

Impermanence

With faith in a divine Controller.


The coloured leaves are my assistants;

They thought they were green.

The wandering black bear is my model

She gives in to sabbath rest.


After all

It is a sacred cycle

Forever revolving and rotating.

My suffering has been in resisting.

May my consolation be in floating 

Down the deep river

Welcoming the journey.

MT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is Love

Behold and Become the Beloved

Advent 4/ The Mystery of the Incarnation of Love