Retreat Time


I have written these liturgeemails without missing a day since March 17. I have also posted them on my blog, blessingimagination. I have actually amazed myself that it has never, not once, felt like a chore. It has saved me. 
I am going to spend some time in the next two weeks vacationing and organizing them into some kind of “book”! 
Who knows I may be moved by the Spirit to send something spontaneously as I will miss you but I wanted to invite you to rest with me, to review the entries since March 17 with new eyes and heart. I leave with these words of Madeleine L’Engle about the Word on my heart. I feel the need to be tender and gentle with language. I look forward to returning to something more regular and refreshed in two weeks. Bless you!

“Word” by Madeleine L’Engle
I, who live by words, am wordless when
I try my words in prayer. All language turns
To silence. Prayer will take my words and then
Reveal their emptiness. The stilled voice learns
To hold its peace, to listen with the heart
To silence that is joy, is adoration.
The self is shattered, all words torn apart
In this strange patterned time of contemplation
That, in time, breaks time, breaks words, breaks me,
And then, in silence, leaves me healed and mended.
I leave, returned to language, for I see
Through words, even when all words are ended.
I, who live by words, am wordless when
I turn me to the Word to pray. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is Love

Behold and Become the Beloved

Advent 4/ The Mystery of the Incarnation of Love