Pay Attention




 It seems to me that Advent is a unique opportunity to pay closer attention with a renewed intention, a radical one!

“To pay attention, this is our endless and proper work.” Mary Oliver

Endless yes, for all times, and especially to be cultivated during Advent.

Yesterday was that blessed morning after our first snowfall of the year! The sun was bright; the sky that cobalt blue! At first my gaze was wide-angled and then a snowflake called me “to pay attention”. 

Perhaps I exaggerate and it was not just one but many. Nevertheless it was that contraction of the gaze which brought a new focus and insight.

God’s perfection. The snowflake was exactly as it should be, bringing brightness and luminosity and shape to yesterday’s grey world. 

Again, the snowflake was giving glory to God by being its unique self in a mass of selves!

I am now wondering whether I can find a holy morsel each day and bless it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is Love

Behold and Become the Beloved

Advent 4/ The Mystery of the Incarnation of Love