May Gratitude Be Enough

 



If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. Meister Eckhart. 


While many of us are missing the bread and wine consecrated in remembrance at the Eucharist, I find it consoling to remember the meaning of eucharist (from eucharistea) which is giving thanks. I look around at the despair and chaos in the world right now and find myself as I descend into a darkness of desolation somehow finding something to catch my fall. It is gratitude, not the sacharine type but the real kind which fills and often kindles hope. The pause to remember and appreciate may require some swatting away of pesky self pity but usually unfolds to reveal the loves of my life. They are enough. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is Love

Behold and Become the Beloved

Advent 4/ The Mystery of the Incarnation of Love