Returning and Rest



 “Almost daily meditations begun in the time of coronovirus and expanded into new life, new ideas, well...imagination! In this time of isolation when we are all more aware than ever before of the space between us, may this space offer opportunities for blessing. And as we return to life post COVID may we recognize the extraordinary in the ordinary, the sacramental in the daily, as we recognize, reorder, reprioritize and respond to the holy in our midst. “


Those are the words which introduce my blog BlessingImagination begun March 17, 2020. I decided to revisit them yesterday as I felt some disbelief that I was still writing !? and some disconnection from the mission. Two things struck me and caused me to return to purpose.

First, while these were begun in the time of coronovirus they have been impassioned by the accompanying virus of systemic racism. Somehow multiple viruses have been energizing and depleting at the same time. Much of my meditation is spent balancing despair as it grows in the night with wisdom as it fights to be voiced. 

Second, the word “return” jumped off the page! In March returning to something, worship, offices, restaurants, seemed supremely important. Today as September turns to October the critical return seems to be to God and values, to holiness and love. As the prophet Isaiah says: “in returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength” ( for you King James people!)

And so I return to the call which was so persistent March 17 and continues to this day. I return to be fed by the source on this morning of previously unknown chaos and despair. I return to touch hope. 

It feeds me to simply know that connections are being formed and maintained and common mission is continuing in challenging times. 

I am so grateful for each of you! I rest in my returning. And turn to repair.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is Love

Behold and Become the Beloved

Advent 4/ The Mystery of the Incarnation of Love