The Beauty of Gesture


Beautiful, authentic, gestures transform. They change the space, rearranging molecules of stillness and silence ever so gently.
I knew a woman who did not speak yet facilitated the most beautiful worship experience I could imagine.
With authentic reverential gestures she conducted a space of silence and stillness as though a symphony of invisible harmonies. Arms stretching upward with hands open, there was no doubt as to her intent to offer self and receive Spirit, Worship Embodied. The space was thus stirred by the Spirit invoked and by expressions of personal piety. 
Like a glassy lake at dawn into which a pebble falls, it came back to itself more wholly: the space and the souls. 


I remember this experience when I remember Beauty. I remember reverence, devotion, incarnation and sacred space. No words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is Love

Advent 4/ The Mystery of the Incarnation of Love

Behold and Become the Beloved