Red Chairs at Night; Sailors Delight



I took the picture above on Saturday, the one beautiful day between what has been constant rain and dreariness, and I am not just talking about the weather!
I took the picture because it reminds me of the day which was filled with sunshine and laughter, rest and refreshment, love and imagination.
You see, those are not really chairs! Those are ships in the sea which our two granddaughters sailed through stormy water and even over ice (Frozen needs to be part of all play these days:). They navigated while my husband and I along with our son, daughter in law and sleeping baby tried to stay socially distanced. It really was like a dance at all times with some difficult moves and some stumbling, or grumbling. After all, no one gave us these dance lessons; we are improvising. 
The day goes down as another story of the evocative power of water, even imaginary, as I agree with the poet who said every story is a story about water! Water actual or water metaphor all signifies the life source; all things flow into One. 
After departing the ships successfully and after all was “wiped down”, Dave and I just gazed for a while as the ships morphed into chairs again. And as I pondered the day, and the evening, instead of dreading the approaching rain, I relished the fullness, and the companionship! I choose to still see those girls in those chairs and I choose to help them navigate the high seas and I choose to sit in stillness in accompanied isolation! Blessing imagination!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is Love

Behold and Become the Beloved

Advent 4/ The Mystery of the Incarnation of Love